Travel to Grand Bahama by Private Boat
Grand Bahama Island welcomes you to travel to our destination by private boat. If you plan on chartering a boat or using your own personal vessel, please note the following important information.
PROTOCOLS & REQUIREMENTS FOR BAHAMAS BOATING
Below are the procedures currently required by the Government of The Commonwealth of The Bahamas for entering the country. We will continue to add details as they are announced.
Important Updates 4/21/21
REQUIREMENTS FOR BOATERS AND BAHAMAS MARINAS
Effective May 1, those traveling to The Bahamas from outside of The Bahamas will be exempt from taking a COVID 19 test once they are fully vaccinated and have passed the 2 week immunity period. All residents and travelers must still adhere to the social distancing and mask-wearing protocols, but once fully vaccinated, they can resume Indoor dining. See Details
When arriving in port, boaters should observe the following:
- Visiting boaters must clear Customs and Immigration at the nearest designated Port of Entry.
- As you enter port, fly the yellow quarantine flag and notify Customs of your arrival. Customs and Immigration will come to your vessel.
- No one other than the captain is permitted to leave the boat until your vessel has been cleared.
- Everyone on board must have proof of citizenship and fill out an immigration card. U.S. citizens can present a passport or birth certificate (original or certified copy) and an official photo ID, such as a driver’s license or voter registration card.
- You must declare all firearms you have onboard with Customs. You must provide the firearm serial number and manufacturer, plus an exact count of ammunition. Though you are allowed to have a firearm on your vessel, you cannot take it off the vessel unless you obtain a permit from the Bahamian police ahead of time. Weapons must be under lock and key at all times. Any infraction of this law will be dealt with severely.
Grand Bahama Private Boat Entry Fees:
Ports of Entry and Marinas
Grand Bahama Island is home to the Flamingo Bay Marina and boaters have several options for clearing: West End, Old Bahama Bay Marina, Sunrise Resort and Marina, Ocean Reef Yacht Club and Resort and Grand Bahama Yacht Club – Fueling is available at Grand Bahama Yacht Club.
Also, the Lucayan Harbour Cruise Facility, although not a marina, is an official port of entry on Grand Bahama Island.